BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CMS Addon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CMS Addon
    Posted: Jan 29 2023 at 9:05pm
It's a great idea but no one is available for that
rapster2042 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rapster2042 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2023 at 3:25pm
OK, so in wysiwyg web builder there is an addon to publish your site with a content management system back end with limited capabilities. The one for that software is pretty clunky and not really something you would leave a client to use. I was just thinking that maybe someone could come up with a similar but better solution here. see link for the example mentioned. Maybe there is already such a thing that I can't see? if there is I'd like to be pointed to it, I know we can hang our code on third party cms like couch, but really think it would be better to have an addon where you activate it at the start of your project, and as you develop the site, you select which parts will be cms editable, which adds the right class to the element, and when you publish, set a user name and password for the back end. So you can give the client an OE site, but with a custom back end for them to swap images, write blog posts, change text etc
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2023 at 11:03am
Can you explain CMS addon?

I know what CMS stands for but what is the idea here?
rapster2042 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rapster2042 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2023 at 7:32pm
Has anyone developed a CMS addon for open element? Like wysiwyg web builder has one but its a bit clunky, looking at some of the things people have made for OE I bet someone here has the skill to make a decent addon. Would be good to be able to use this for client sites.

Edited by rapster2042 - Jan 26 2023 at 7:34pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic