BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

openElement patch to 1.57r9

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: openElement patch to 1.57r9
    Posted: Jan 12 2022 at 4:49pm

In order to solve some issues caused by the transition to the new server, an update has been put together.  This update is now available here:

https://openelement.uk/Files/Other/update_openelement_en.exe

Simply download and execute the patch will solve the opening error message an offers a lightly extended version of openElement.

digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2022 at 11:19pm
Looks great, will detailed check tomorrow on CET, here it's now 01:18 after CET midnight
brolysan17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brolysan17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2022 at 9:17am
We worked no time to find the best solution to offer you an update without having to do a lot of manipulation and especially in such a short period of time.
Anyway, thank you for your support.
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2022 at 10:27am
We worked no time

Thats the major reason for devorce, I made it 3 times.
Stern Smile

Anyway, do you stll have connection to the people who created this magnificant tool?
For required changes?

Edited by digizar - Jan 13 2022 at 7:48pm
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2022 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by digizar digizar wrote:

We worked no time

Thats the major reason for devorce, I made it 3 times.
Stern Smile

Anyway, do you stll have connection to the peaple who created this magnificant tool?
For required changes?

They left years ago.  It has been a challenge to get where we are now.  There will be no more base software enhancement since the compilation is not possible anymore.

The only evolution will happend trough the element editor and new elements.

brolysan17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brolysan17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2022 at 4:35pm
Very soon, we will be able to offer to download the templates offered before Openelement.
We are working on one page with the possibility to download each template individually.
A lot of work, however, but it is in the pipeline. Cool
msall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2022 at 4:50pm
I've seen many interesting applications throughout my career and I can say with certainty that "openelement" is one of the best thought out and closest to the developer's reality.

However, it lacks some simple implementations, which would elevate this app to a category few have achieved.

Developers need to create private dialogue channels so they can be assisted, both in resolving issues such as these (change of "host name") caused, and in implementations that would greatly improve the usability and power of the application.

Would the developers be willing to hear from people with expertise, suggestions to raise the level of this beautiful project?
< id="BFI_" style="width: 1px; height: 1px; display: none;">

Edited by msall - Jan 13 2022 at 4:54pm
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2022 at 4:56pm
It obviously was created with MS-Visual C.
I'm still professional with.
If someone would unbury the sources, at least we could try.
I'm thinking about the disastrous case 'delete a directory in OE'.
But if not - it's ok with me. I found the way around.
Some minor enhancements would be nice to have.
Go ahead. Don't care about me. I'm still very ok.

Survived even Corona three times the intensive stations.
Two years trouble, have a pacemaker now. Excellent condition.
But recommending, not to try/risk it. It hurts terribly, if one survives at all.

Thank you very much.
How to donate automatically?
Just PayPal would be fine. Also manually.

Edited by digizar - Jan 13 2022 at 7:50pm
msall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2022 at 5:05pm
I do not propose an Open Source, because I know that it cost developers time and time is a lot of money, but rather a group with access to sources that can help them, following standards, to solve and implement improvements without the core of the application being changed!
msall
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2022 at 5:41pm
"I do not propose an Open Source"

Agree, usually the project ends in endless endless endless endless mess.

At the crrent time the help/education instructions you miss, are there, but they depend on the DNS name. Can not be accessed now. Not yet.
I think/speculate that there are some struggles, what can not be solved, may be competiton reasons.
Since this OE ist a real hammer. May disturb others. Do not mention the name(s) here.

I'm thinking about to create a german version.
Tools I have. But I'm not yet proficient in using these tools.

Retired persons are not dead yet, they have a tremendeous amount of experience. And time enough w/o pressure. Do not underestimate their power. Yeah, they raise hell if requested. Dangerous people, nothing to lose. ^5.

Agora traballo

Edited by digizar - Jan 13 2022 at 5:48pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic