BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Message ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Butler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Message ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR
    Posted: Jan 27 2022 at 1:54pm
Hello:

Thank you for this wonderful program which I have been using for several years.  However, I have just purchased a new computer, and downloaded the program on to it.

It downloaded successfully but on first open I received the error message:

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR 

It said the error code was 107 and that I may not be able to access certain features.  A Google search reveal no help at all.

Any ideas?

Thank you so much. 
Cheers,
Stephen
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2022 at 3:06pm
Hi,

the problem has been mentioned for several weeks, following the complete shutdown of the original server.
We have made a correction patch with an optimized version of Openelement, which you can find here:

https://forums.openelement.uk/en/openelement-patch-to-1-57r9_topic1892.html

For more information, read this : https://forums.openelement.uk/en/latest-news-on-openelement_topic1887.html
chrisoscott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisoscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2023 at 11:25am
I have tried installing openElement several times.
I previously used this program and was exceptionally impressed with it...

Even AFTER installing the provided patch/update I continue to get the SSL Error 107.

I've even tried installing on different computers.
They are all on Windows 10 (one is 64-bit OS)

I REALLY would like to get past this error and back to using the software.
Life's a bitch!
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2023 at 11:41am
OpenElement's owner abandonned the software.  

Brolysan was authorised to maintain OE's web site and forum but could not maintain the wiki.

OpenElement's owner refused to give us the domain name (openelement.com) therefore the access to web site and templates from the software are no longer available.  Software development became also impossible.

OpenElement can still be downladed and installed.  The patch presents a different opening page.

OpenElement can still be use to create and update web sites.  If your hosting requires htps for upload, you will have to use something like FileZilla to upload your site.

We can still develop new elements using the element editor but nothing is easy with it.

Edited by Hobby001 - Jan 22 2023 at 11:42am
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2023 at 11:44am
Here is a note that I intend to send to new users:

Welcome to the openElement Forum

To acquire better openElement knowledge, my suggestion is  that you spend some time looking at the video tutorial on this YouTube playlist.

In addition, there are other videos on this other YouTube playlist

You will find several user tutorial here

In addition to the models available from openElement’s library you may have a look to those offered by Sensode

In addition to OE’s standard elements, some additional user designed elements are available here

P.S.

It is important that you understand that all help provided here is given by volunteers.

We are not openElement’s staff.

We are happy to help when we are available to provide tips, tricks, and sometimes a few code lines. We appreciate that users make a serious research and self-study effort.

Some of us work in Europe, others around the world. Consequently, the response time may also depend on time zones.

When the requirement is too great, it can be contracted and the required retribution will pay for the development.

Always take care to open a new subject for each of your questions

chrisoscott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisoscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2023 at 5:42pm
Thank you for your very informative response.
I totally understand the predicament.

It's so unfortunate when such a wonderful program that does exactly what you want.
openElement is not the first time I've encountered something like this.

But, thank you again, for explaining the situation.

Handshake
Life's a bitch!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic