BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Error Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"Import"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george_ogden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Import"
    Posted: Mar 04 2016 at 5:34pm
OK my fault.. I deleted a page that took me ages to create and didn't realise until I reopened the project!

That's OK I thought, after backing up the project and deleting the contents of the project directory, I'll just use oE's "Import" function to recover the website from the host.... sadly it doesn't appear to be quite that simple....

I tried to use the oE "Import" function several times but failed and, when I use an FTP client to restore from the hosted backup directory to a new folder (using the same / original name) and then open the project, I get the following error message.....

The project then opens but all the layers have disappeared although they are listed in "Site Explorer"

Are there any instructions anywhere on how the "Import" function works or how to recover using an FTP client?
Slàinte Mhath!

George
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2016 at 2:18pm
Hi,

You did everything right I think, but there used to be a bug until latest version (and even now it may remain for non-"complete" uploads) - downloaded elements (Owl responsive carousel, social bars etc.) are not backed up online. The error I see on your screenshot is exactly that - the "assembly EG-xxxx" corresponds to the element.

You should download all elements (button "More Elements" in the Elements pane) that you know you could have used in your project, and then try to open the page again.

If you can't even open your project: create a new project and download them there, then open the project folder ("Project->Other->Open the project folder"), go to Common/Elements, and copy all .dll files to the same location in your broken project.

Have a nice day
D
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic