BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> User Tutorials
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Importing pages created with other software

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlcterp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Importing pages created with other software
    Posted: Oct 15 2016 at 12:50am
I have a website that was created in Dreamweaver. I have a file with all the html pages and associated files, but I can't figure out how to open those pages to edit them in OpenElement. I'm not seeing a tutorial or help page that talks about opening an existing website...just stuff on creating new ones. Can anyone give me some tips?
Thanks!
TLCTerp
TLCTerp
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2016 at 12:26pm
Hi,

OE not being an HTML editor (it is a code "generator") you cannot import websites made with other tools. You can insert portions of code into Code Blocks, Source and Visual, but otherwise you need to redo your layout manually.
tlcterp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlcterp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2016 at 4:29pm
Thank you for your quick response. This lets me know that this is not the software I'm looking for. I have a website already designed and have no desire to have to re-create the entire thing.

I do appreciate your help.
Terri

TLCTerp
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic