BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Element Editor
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

need a good set of instructions.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spelger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need a good set of instructions.
    Posted: Jul 18 2016 at 8:15pm
The concept of the element editor is a great idea. all that is needed now is a set of clear instructions on how to make something useful with it.

i write a lot of code for a living (not web code) and just getting an existing project and editing it is not enough of a tutorial.

what i am looking to do is to create an element that contains an image and one or two text boxes for descriptions that i will use to describe an item for sale. i figured out how to add image and text boxes but not how to get the image or text to update based on where the element is used. of course a page would have many of these elements.

thanks,
scott
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2016 at 11:04pm
Hi,

You can learn things by downloading elements from the Store or my Skitter element http://forum.openelement.com/en/forum_posts.asp?TID=455&title=skitter-slider-element-image-slider-carrousel - to see how Properties work and how to insert their values into HTML and JavaScript code etc. If you need to get your values from the database, it's less obvious, the solution depends on how exactly you want it to work.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic