BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Error Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

An error occured: index.dat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: An error occured: index.dat
    Posted: Feb 12 2016 at 11:40am
Hi there,
The trouble started after updating from 1.50R4 to 1.53R2.
I tried it on 3 different PCs (win 7 and Win 8) it it occurs almost every time. Downgrading again and using a backed-up version helped for a while then the error occured again. Then I upgraded again (or freshly installed the new version on a PC I didnt use before) and it happened again. I even rebuilt the project from an older backup with a lot of effort on the new version (updating the project from an older backup worked) and the error occured again after some hours of work. I am very confused about this. I would love to rescue my work and continue using OpenElement (great software btw).
Any idea on how to solve this?
Cheers,
Ali

Here's the error:
an error occured.
Unable to open file: C:/ALI DATEN/HOMEPAGESPACE/Arrg/My Website/index.dat
it may be damaged or corrupt.
Try restoring it from a backup.
Details: Unable to find assembly 'EG07bd2866, Version=1.0.191.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Edited by barbali - Feb 12 2016 at 11:44am
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2016 at 12:22pm
Hi,

Any idea of how to solve this? Yes.

The problem comes from a dwonloaded element. I am not sure which one (do you remember what you downloaded and used there?). For a reason we ignore, some antiviruses like Kaspersky deletes certain elements, we've created a test element with almost nothing inside and in certain situtions it is detected as virus while changing it a tiny bit reports a "File is safe". Today we've modified the generation of elements but now all older elements that are detected as virus should be re-generated.

The error has nothing to do with the latest version by itself, normally.

What you can do:

- Find the ZIP with the most recent working backup.

- Go into it to find dhe .dll files in Common/Elements.

- Extract them somewhere and test with your antivirus/firewall to see which one is reported/deleted.

- Disable the antivirus, re-extract the file(s) in question, and send them to me by Dropbox or wetransfer.com or by mail (I will send you my address in the private message).

barbali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2016 at 1:29pm
Hi!
Thanks for the quick reply!
True, I use Kapersky (and Comodo on the other PC).. I remember that I downloaded the "owl responsive image carousel". But I openend another project I made with this element and there is no such error.
Unfortunately, I cannot find ".dll"-Files in any of the backup-Zips. Also I couldnt find sth in the log of the antivir program.
I tried reproducing the problem by opening an old working backup, then adding the "owl responsive image carousel" (btw I didnt donwload it again but copied it from the other project) and : Yes!! Problem reproduced. But no dll-Files. So I guess it's caused by the "owl responsive image carousel" but maybe that doesnt use dll-Files?

So maybe the "owl responsive image carousel" produces the error in interaction with other features of the project (in the other project it works fine) but not because of the antivirus software? The project with the error is based on the responsive template. The one where the element works without problems is a static non-responsive homepage.

Or theory B: maybe just copying the element from one project to the other caused the problem.

Thank you a lot already, knowing that this causes the error already helps a lot!! I will avoid this Element and now I can work again on the Project.

Cheers,
Ali

Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2016 at 1:54pm
Some explanation:

A downloadable element is stored in a .dll file which, when an element is installed in the project, is located in Common/Elements in the project folder (to easily find the project folder, use Project->Other->Open the project folder).

If you use Kaspersky, you will probably never have the chance to see this .dll file as Kaspersky wipes it out on sight. Sometimes, in theory, it may not find it immediately, but it will eventually.

Today I will try to make and give the fixed version of this element (are you sure it's this one and not another element?) to try to put ino Common/Elements yourself and see if the project works.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2016 at 2:32pm
Ok the element is re-generated.

- Find all your project folders for projects using OWL Carrousel.

- Close OE.

- Copy this file into Common/Elements of each concerned project:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eoeczkul84cqvzc/WEG07bd2866.dll?dl=0

- Test.
barbali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2016 at 2:33pm
You are completely correct about this.

The dll appeared after I disabled Kapersky for a while and then downloaded the element again.
Yes, it was the owl responsive carousel.
The name of the file is WEG07bd2866.dll
by pasting it to my crashed project I could rescue it (Open it again, delete the Element from it and save it again without the element).

Though it's strange that now, I re-enabled Kapersky and scanned the file directly, it says "no harm found". Maybe by following your steps I already downloaded your fixed version?

Thanks a lot!!! This saved me a lot of time!

barbali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2016 at 2:34pm
almost simultanous post Smile I guess I already used your fixed version that's why kapersky is now happy with it....

THANKS! Great Support & Great Program!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic