BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> User Tutorials
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Basics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matrixation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Basics
    Posted: Apr 06 2015 at 10:17am
Basic functions:

How do I change the Title of the document? For example: <title>Learn to Speak French 101</title>

How do I center a table within a frame?

How do I force edit the source code?

I'm sure the answer is very simple but somehow it isn't so obvious to me. Thank you in advance.
matrixation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matrixation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2015 at 10:23am
Just so you know...the way I changed the title and meta tags was to manually type in the code with notepad. I don't like doing that because I feel that might create an instability with your internal editor; however, I don't see another alternative, at least, not an obvious one.

Thanks again..

Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2015 at 10:17pm
Hi,

1) Menu Page->SEO Info or just Info according to the version of OE.

2) Select the Table element, right-click and choose the centering option.

3) You cannot edit auto-generated parts of the code, but you can insert Code Blocks - Source (into specific parts like Head) or Visual. To insert the Source blocks, you may try to use the button Source (find it below or above the page, or in the menu depending on the OE version) and find "placeholders" to add your Blocks. For Visual code blocks, drag-drop the corresponding element onto the page.

Good day
D

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote matrixation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2015 at 1:00am
EDIT: So this is not the ideal way to add a title and meta tags but let my steps serve as a method by which to add code blocks to the coding. The ideal way is the way Dmit mentions in the next reply.

Original message: 
Great! Thank you so much for replying to my primitive request. So, if you don't mind, I'd like to post an explanation of the exact steps I took to insert a title and meta tags in my home page, in case anyone is looking to accomplish the same task. I did this with OpenElement version 1.48 R3:

1. Like Dmit said, click on the Source Code button from the Home Page tab (or whichever tab you're currently working on), and the source code will be displayed.

2. Either click on the +Add Block at the top of the page or click on the little button that has a green plus sign to the right of the current menu within the tab you're in; in any case, either one brings up a dialog box called New Codeblock.

3. In the Name input box, call it something like, in my case, "Title".

4. On the Type dropdown menu choose HTML - and for the Position dropdown menu choose Header and lastly choose OK.

5. You'll be presented with a blank coding page that we're all familiar with. The following is an example of what I entered for my title and meta tags...you can change it to your needs:

<meta name="description" content="cats, dogs, fish, hamsters, pets" />
<title>World of Pets</title>

6. Save file and you're done, that is, after you've entered the above lines of code. You can then click on the Quit button to go back to visual mode

EDIT: Don't use the above steps to add a title or meta tags but, just use it as a guide to adding your own blocks of code, it you need to. Look at the next reply...that is the actual way to add a title and meta tags.

Edited by matrixation - Apr 08 2015 at 10:39am
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2015 at 8:21am
The steps above are not necessary and may even provoke sevreal instances of <title> and <meta>. Find in the Page menu above the button "Info" or "SEO" or "SEO Info" (whatever the name is in English in your version), there are Title and Description fields available.

Other meta tags may be set in this same page, though I agree that sometimes it's more convenient to add your Code Block with the code you want.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matrixation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2015 at 10:34am
You're right. I somehow missed the SEO Info button all this time. It wasn't obvious to me what that button was for. I guess I should have navigated around the program some more. Thanks for your patience in answering my novice questions.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic