BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Error Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

cannot install

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotee22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cannot install
    Posted: Jan 09 2015 at 7:57am
Hi sirs,

my system:
windows (32bit) XP PROFESSIONAL SP3

the problem is that I cannot install openelements becouse it ask to me for Visual C++ 2008 redistribuitable ( that is already installed on my pc Unhappy ).
Anyway I give the permission to download and install it , but it finish with an error. There installation stops.
What can I do?
Thank you
cotee22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotee22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2015 at 8:09am
I add the error given : "After launching all packages some required prerequisites are still missing. press back to return to the prerequisites list."

Going back, in the list of downloadable prerequisites inside the installation package, besides Visual C++ is required .NET Framework 2.0. This is skipped becouse is allready installed
so what?
Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2015 at 11:09am
I suggest you to clena you computer from rubbishes... Use Ccleaner as first and clean you registry. (Simply install it - careful when it ask to include Chrome or others; I always skip them -). After installed launch the program and Analyze; ende that, give command to clean, click OK and wait.

After that you can try to install Oe again. I am using a copy of XP sp3 and I don't have all last updates, but the pc works fine without problems and Oe too, so I think should also your... Windows already has Visual C++ as base and .NET, but sometimes it is hard find them when registry is dirty...

Try that and let us know.
cotee22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotee22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2015 at 2:22pm
Problem solved.
I had 5 different installation (different versions) of the same Microsft Software. So I unistalled the most old in use and left the last one so installation of openelement went fine.
Thank you, Bravo12.
Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2015 at 4:13pm
I suggest you to install anyway CCleaner and use it. It is a good program.Launch it now and you'll clean the registry from old writing lost in it.
cotee22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotee22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2015 at 3:41am
Bravo, I use this tool since 199x LOL .
Thank you very much
Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2015 at 12:47pm
Oh, if you need I know something more complex... like BleachBit... but be careful 'cause it is not as Ccleaner... it is used also in Linux and Mac when needed...

I always suggest Ccleaner 'cause is the easier program, as many people don't know too much about pc...

If you need there is also the last version of Glary Utilities (similar to those up told) with lot of functions... but this all for windows, 'cause with Linux we don't have those problems... Smile

Edited by Bravo12 - Jan 12 2015 at 12:48pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic