BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Editing an existing web site

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Tice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Editing an existing web site
    Posted: May 21 2022 at 12:22am
I was hoping to use this program to edit an existing web site that I have for my business.  I had used Contribute CS3 in the past, but it is no longer available to activate on my new computer.  I tried to connect to my web hosting server with Open Element, which seemed to work, but it was looking for 4 preset folders, including "Data", but I apparently do not have the same ones.  Is there a way to access my existing folders? Is there a work around for this? Do you I have to create new folders on my server to match and move files into it?  Would this work, or can I only create a new web site with this program? (which I'd rather not do, I just want to edit my existing one). Thanks.
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2022 at 12:56pm
Saddly OpenElement can't be used to open a web site created by another software.

If you wish to learn more about it follow these recommendations:

Welcome to the openElement Forum

To acquire better openElement knowledge, my suggestion is  that you spend some time looking at the video tutorial on this YouTube playlist.

In addition, there are other videos on this other YouTube playlist

You will find several user tutorial here

In addition to the models available from openElement’s library you may have a look to those offered by Sensode

In addition to OE’s standard elements, some additional user designed elements are available here

P.S.

It is important that you understand that all help provided here is given by volunteers.

We are not openElement’s staff.

We are happy to help when we are available to provide tips, tricks, and sometimes a few code lines. We appreciate that users make a serious research and self-study effort.

Some of us work in Europe, others around the world. Consequently, the response time may also depend on time zones.

When the requirement is too great, it can be contracted and the required retribution will pay for the development.

Always take care to open a new subject for each of your questions

J22sailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J22sailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2022 at 4:02pm
I am coming from frontpage2003. I use it as a local editor and FTP to the site. This is a legacy project and Frontpage will not work on Windows 11.  Can I use OE as a local editor on my local files or is this the same as the case above? If so is there another light weight editor to replace frontpage?

john
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2022 at 4:15pm
OpenElement can only be used on OpenElement created web sites.
J22sailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J22sailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2022 at 5:13pm
Thanks for getting back and saving me time experimenting. Any suggestions on another editor?
john
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2022 at 5:45pm
J22sailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J22sailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2022 at 5:54pm
TNX  I will give it a try. one of their bullets "
  • Microsoft FrontPage new full version 2022

so maybe
john
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2022 at 1:06am
Make sure to check for virus
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic