BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Web Template Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain_Bigzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Web Template Issue
    Posted: Feb 06 2022 at 5:19pm
So since the open element server move the templates no longer work but my existing website can no longer have the menu bar as when i opened the project i got an error pop up regarding it and now its gone.

Is there a way I can get the menu back or will there be new temp0lates i can start a new website using soon?
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2022 at 5:35pm
Templates have to be modified individualy and offerred in a different manner.

This conversion process is currently ongoing.  It is time consuming and done for free by volunteers.  please be patient.

Meanwhile, I suggest that you use one of Sensode's templates.   https://forums.openelement.uk/fr/lensemble-des-templates-de-sensode_topic22939.html

Or take a look at my Youtube training videos and build your own responsive site.  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWg7A6YtIr7WE2oJe9pX8_3u0FerqJwjo
Captain_Bigzy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain_Bigzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2022 at 9:57pm
Thanks I already have a site using the free sensode theme but unfortunately since the update and loading up my project it removed the menu bar with some error which I don't have details of.

I now have wordpress installed and going to have a try at that and see if I can get something simple setup with that.
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2022 at 10:13pm
If you share a link to your site we may have a chance to figure the isse.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain_Bigzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2022 at 10:30pm
Here you go. 

Thanks
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2022 at 1:47am
It looks like your Base_Menu layer was detached from your home page.

Open your home page,

Make sure that the Base_Menu Layer is selected  in the Page Tab, not the Base as you can see in  the attached pic or anything else

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain_Bigzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2022 at 12:17am
Originally posted by Hobby001 Hobby001 wrote:

It looks like your Base_Menu layer was detached from your home page.

Open your home page,

Make sure that the Base_Menu Layer is selected  in the Page Tab, not the Base as you can see in  the attached pic or anything else

Thanks for your reply, so when i choose page and select Base it still doesnt show me the menu bar that was there before the new update.

If i go to the Base_Menu_Alt it is there but I cannot see it visually in the editor, preview or live website since this update.  How can I get the Base_Menu_Alt to show again?

Regards
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2022 at 12:40am
There is no way the latest update can affect your project.

There must be something else.

It is pretty hard to guess what happened without manipulating the project mysellf.

Use openElement back-up utility to crate a zip file and send it to me via wetransfer.com.

I will have a look at it.

You can send me the link to your zip file on this contact form:  https://denislafrance.net/index.en.htm#Contact

Edited by Hobby001 - Feb 22 2022 at 12:40am
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain_Bigzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2022 at 12:48pm
Ok I think I found my issue but i will test and get back to you!

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain_Bigzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2022 at 4:43am
I seem to be back on track, meant to get back sooner but I think I was using a broken verion of my site, i found the correct project and all is good again!

Thanks for the assistance 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic