BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Error Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[Solved]Icon images not shown

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Solved]Icon images not shown
    Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 5:18pm
I have to copy the icon-images (those in 80x80) I need 'cause openelement moved them in another folder (WEFiles), so the first folder File/image become empty. But that's nothing, 'cause even if I smove them in the right folder and chosed from there, it does again the bug and when I move the folderXXX_Upload on another computer, it is impossible see those images... means: it can't find the original path I gave (File/image/Images),  'cause it is susbstituted with the one in WEFiles.

Did you changed something in the new version? Usually I was able to see images correclty and appearing in the folder File/image/Images where they have always been.

I don't use the publication directly with OpenElement, but I use Filezilla or the FireFTP added to Firefox, it depends from the moment.

Thanks for patience

Edited by Dmit OE - Jan 27 2014 at 9:16am
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 5:43pm
I don't think we've changd anything concerning icons, but I am not sure.

Do you use Export to folder to generate the site for uploading with FileZilla? One should not publish the contents of the project folder itself.
Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 3:37pm
Sorry for this delay, but I had to go out and only now I can answer. Anyway: I solved it.

As I had also to install a new copy of Libreoffice, I decided to do the all. Launched the Libreoffice installer, it generates the same problem as in OpenElement. Opened Task Manager I have seen 3 copies of msiexec. Close Task Manager. Clean the windows registry very well, download a new copy of msiexec.exe (form MS site) for win xp sp3 and from Administrator I started to install this as first.
Reboot the computer, and try to install Libreoffice. All went well.

So I did the same for OpenElement and now everything is working well

Thanks for you help Dmit. ;-)
Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 9:38pm
Do you use Export to folder to generate the site for uploading with FileZilla? One should not publish the contents of the project folder itself.

Well, as told I use FireFTP (add-on for mozilla) and Filezilla and I had to save on a usb stick for try on another computer but when tried it was giving me error. As checked I found some file in \File\image\Images and others in WEFiles\Image\WEImage.
Uploading (to try) on a space site: I had to copy the content of all folder namesite_Upload and I think I did well... (or not?)

Question: So, where should be images, correctly?

I mean: if there is a folder named \File\image\Images, then they should be there... (or not?)
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 9:12am
The folders in Files/ correspondto the Ressource Library. But at the moment, many images are "automatic" (even when it would be better to use the Library, like for background images - it is a drawback of current OE versions) and those are located in WEFiles/Images, with "random" unique names (original names are not preserved). We want to look into improving this in the future.
Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 12:06am
Again sorry for delay in reading.

I understood.

Thanks for answering me
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic