BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Element Editor
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

About the Element Editor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Chris OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: About the Element Editor
    Posted: Jan 21 2014 at 6:47pm
openElement's Element Editor allows more advanced users to create custom elements from source code. Users also can make changes to existing elements. These elements can then be shared on this forum, and if they pass our tests and cut the mustard, we'll put them on the openElement Store. We'll have documentation up soon, but in the meantime, feel free to play around with the Editor and post questions in this subforum.

To access the openElement Store and the Element Editor, look in the Elements Menu on the right of the OE interface. At the top, you will see 2 buttons, one that says More Elements and another that says Create. 

"More Elements" will take you to the openElement Store where you can download new elements that have been created, tested, and approved by the OE team.

"Create" will open up oE's Element Editor. To get started, click on File->Open to open an existing Element or File->New to create a new one. Here you will give it a unique file name (starts automatically with WE and then enter a unique file name) as well as a display name as it should appear in the Elements Menu.

We recommend loading one of the elements in the store and taking a look at what goes into making an element. Click here to read the Wiki documentation for the Element Editor.

Thank you.

The OE Team

Edited by Chris OE - Feb 05 2014 at 8:30pm
rsueho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsueho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2016 at 12:26pm
I really like how you have built in the various functionality in the software.  I have been  looking through the few english tutorial videos (especially those by Brandon on YT)which have been helpful in the creation of new projects.  I see advantages over 'Seamonkey'.  I wish there was english tutorials on OpenelelmentTV YT channel

I have one question:
How do I open Pre-built Html pages to edit the pre-written code?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic