BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Error Reports
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can't open, uninstall, nor install openelement!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can't open, uninstall, nor install openelement!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote somanywords Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't open, uninstall, nor install openelement!
    Posted: May 11 2018 at 3:22pm
Hey there good people of the community,

I can't open any session of openelement, I always have this message:
"Open Element 1.56 has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"

So I tried to uninstall... but it doesn't work either (I tried through the uninstall program page of windows and direclty by clicking the uninstall in the open element directory... this is what I get: " This package can only be run from a bootstrapper")

I tried downloading a new version and install it, it simply won't install... either french or english setting, choosing "delete old version" or "run paralel version"... it doesn't unpack anything and refuses to install.

So I tried to delete it manually just by sending everything to the bin and getting rid of the files and registers... but I can't either... as it constantly says that the files are open in another program...

I'm at a loss here, help me open element community, you're my only hope! (... before I copy paste all my website and redo everything through worpdress...Thumbs Down)
somanywords View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote somanywords Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2018 at 3:23pm
I'm running OpenElement 1.56 and have windows 8.1... I've never run into this problem before though...
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2018 at 8:11pm
Hi,

This is a rather nasty situation. I don't think I've seen something like this on both forums in 6 years, though there were a numbero in stallation problems (usually unique)

Try to delete the files immediately after restarting Windows, and make sure you have administrator rights.

Try to install any other program to see whether the installer itself is still functioning.

If you are really stuck and don't have another machine to work on, try to install a Virtual Machine with Windows 7 or higher and install OE there, though it's much less convenient.
Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2018 at 6:54pm
For uninstalling:

Geek Uninstaller portable(free)

For cleaning registry before installing new version and delete traces of old program:

Wise Registry Cleaner portable (free)

After those you should install Ccleaner free to help you to keep you pc clean...

And let us know if you solved Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote somanywords Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2018 at 9:11am
I've tried the geek uninstaller... but the answer is the same: "This package can only be run from a bootstrapper"
What is a bootstrapper? Can I run one on my computer?

(Oh, i've found an old version of openelement (1.50.4), in the hidden file ProgamData of my local disk... I ran the install, and it worked. However, I couldn't open version 1.50, as it kept saying it ran into an"exception"... So I tried to update it, but couldn't, as it said the dowload file was too big for an update... So I tried to uninstall from the link in the file, but the link didn't work. I've succeeded uninstalling it though when I used the window uninstall program...)

Still stuck with version 1.56 not working nor uninstalling...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote somanywords Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2018 at 9:17am
Well, I tried installing and uninstalling other programs, it works. I succeeded however to manually send the open element file in the bin... But any other new exe I run doesn't load anything... maybe because I didn't delete everything on the computer...
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2018 at 11:03am
You can manually delete everything "openelement" from the Windows registry, but it is a sensitive operation which may break the registry. I had to do it once very long ago (and don't remember the details), I managed to get it back running/installing afterwards.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic