BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Error Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Error with 1.57R9

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2017 at 4:11pm
If I understand correctly...
you move the content of the created local bunch (Export to Folder), and then move that folder up to the server - into an existing base path/directory. Correct?
Now there would you expect, all the references/links would point to?
Wouldn't they point to the root of that existing base root?
Instead as you would expect to the path/directory of your new bunch?
That in fact could never work correctly.
I try to help.

Edited by digizar - Sep 16 2017 at 7:02pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2017 at 4:36pm
If you specify correct URL of the "sub"website, and upload it to the right place, it shoudl work.

I think it's better to store the project (folder) in a separate place and not inside the "first" project, to avoid publishing conflicts.
fkhattab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fkhattab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2017 at 5:18pm
It is the linking that one has to test with

you said
I think it's better to store the project (folder) in a separate place and not inside the "first" project, to avoid publishing conflicts.

I will do that to keep the project size small

thank you 
Farid Khattab painter healer
Energy Oil Paintings
fkhattab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fkhattab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2017 at 5:20pm
I appreciate your help digizar

there must be a way to make it work because it is easier than learning mySQL and asp and all other related stuff
thanks
Energy Oil Paintings
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2017 at 6:56pm
I guess ...

To target the subdiretory as the base-root, I would make some changes here (screenshot).
I don't know yet, what these settings mean exactly, but best guess is to enter that subdirectoy in one of these marked entries.
So whenever you compile the project, you get everything in/of the bunch (the full 'Exported to Folder') pointing to that root.
The built directory also contains the *.xml file, which contains absolute name entries. Pending on the selected build entries (screenshot).

Yes, openElement is a very nice and powerful tool, but it has few areas, which would propably be better uplighted. Some more of the descriptions, tutorials would be nice. But that is not a simple task.
I am in a comfortable situation, becaue I do not have to strive for money and glory, am retired since 12 years. Anway it's lot of a challenge for me, too.  I still have 'black holes', but piece by piece it becomes clear.

So don't give up.
One of my issues is still open here, but because the buddies in the background need the time for some other important things, so I do not insist.
I created a complete new project w/o a template. Several times before, that worked perfectly, but the last time it just didn't; took me two days, no solution. So I copied an existing project and removed the stuff I wouldn't need - works fine.

Probably you might think about the same procedure (as recommenden by Dmit), though my above mentioned recommendations might do the job.

Edited by digizar - Sep 16 2017 at 9:33pm
fkhattab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fkhattab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2017 at 9:55am
I was thinking about that, I use filezila for upload

thank you
Energy Oil Paintings
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2017 at 1:34pm
It does not have to do with the kind of transfer,
it depends on the creation ('Push to Web' or Export to 'Folder').
Means with the process of the creation, when all the references are built.
They are not relative, but absolute (fixed) references.
That is why one may export to folder and then transfer that folder to any place of the server(s).
But the 'base root' has to be defined (as prev screenshot shows).
My best guess out of experience.

Edited by digizar - Sep 17 2017 at 1:38pm
fkhattab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fkhattab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2017 at 7:08pm
thank you it was very helpful, as I was worried about the links

Energy Oil Paintings
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic