BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Publishing to addon domain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atisres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Publishing to addon domain
    Posted: May 24 2016 at 4:19am
I recently tried publishing my site to an addon domain with a shared server (so in the publishing preferences, I changed the URL to the addon domain URL) but instead, it published to the primary domain.

I have re-published the original site to the primary domain but still have not managed to publish the new site to the addon domain.

Does anybody know what settings need to be changed to get it to publish to the correct domain?
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2016 at 9:12am
Hi,

You should correctly specify the hosting server and the folder. When you use FileZilla, where do you put the website content for it to work? You should probably change the Default folder value (or whatever the name is in English, it's "auto" by default) in Project->Preferences->Publishing->Configuration.
atisres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atisres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2016 at 12:14pm
I changed the default directory to "/public_html/addondomainname.com" and it has published correctly now.

Thanks! Smile
Speed Racer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speed Racer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2022 at 2:42am
I'm having the same problem publishing my website to an add-on domain.  

When I try to publish to addondomainname.com and leaving the default directory to AUTO, OE publishes to my main domain, and mixes the content.  What a mess that was to clean up.

A suggestion was to publish to the /public_html/addondomainname.com folder.

However, although my main domain resides in the /public_html folder, in looking at the folder structure, my addondomainname.com folder does not reside in the /public_html  folder.  It resides in the root folder. So, I'm leery about trying that for fear that my two websites get mixed again.

Any suggestions on what the OE configuration settings should be to publish to the addon domain would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Speed Racer - Aug 09 2022 at 2:47am
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2022 at 1:33pm
leaving it to auto will automatically drop the files to the domain root.

If you created a new sub domain, replace auto with the sub domain root
Speed Racer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speed Racer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2022 at 12:37am
THANK YOU!  I believe that solved my problem.  It's SO nice to be able to post a question and get a timely and accurate answer.  Much appreciated! Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic