BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

(SOLVED) Force Item IDs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panception Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: (SOLVED) Force Item IDs
    Posted: Jul 11 2013 at 9:16pm
I would like to force the ID of an element to be different.  Ex: I have a form text field called 'username'.  Is there a way to allow me to set the name of it to 'username' rather than 'WE7d0de6fe86,' because my PHP script currently has to be coded to see my post vars as 

"
$user=trim($_POST['WE7d0de6fe86']);

$pass=trim($_POST['WE0f77c551dc']);
"
and this is lass than satisfactory.  I have loved everything but the automatic naming.  

---------------------------------SOLVED----------------------------------

To anyone with this same issue, it just turns out I was blind haha

At the very bottom of the properties panel, there is a property called "Attribute name"
It's the last one with "username" in it.  That's how you change what its name will be in the HTML code.

Edited by panception - Jul 12 2013 at 1:52am
Thanks,
Samantha.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2013 at 9:44pm
Hi.

It's not ID you need to set, but the Name property (at the bottom in the Properties panel to the right); by default it is equal to ID of element but it may be changed as you need.

Good day
D
Chris OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2013 at 1:12am
Let us know if that solves your problem.Happy web building!

And if you love openElement, be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Best regards,

Chris
panception View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panception Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2013 at 1:49am
-snip- Ahh I found what you were talking about!

Thanks guys!  This community is really phenomenal when it comes to supporting fellow openelement-ers!  You guys rock!
Thanks,
Samantha.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic