BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Error Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OE is Freezing when selecting any function

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meta_mmxxii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OE is Freezing when selecting any function
    Posted: Apr 16 2023 at 4:09pm
Hi, can't seem to figure this out.
I am running win 10 and the latest version with the patch applied.
When I open or create a new page and choose, say, the page tab the interface goes grey and is unusable as it has frozen somehow. I checked the task manager and when it happens it is not reported as not responding and the memory and cpu usage seems to be ok. It has something to do with win 10 because it will work fine on my windows server and when I had win 11 before I downgraded back to windows 10 worked in there ok as well. Was wondering if anyone else is having this issue or someone that could shed some light on this would be awesome. I tried an older version I had, I believe it was 156 and it worked fine so it is something to do with this 157 version.

Edited by meta_mmxxii - Apr 16 2023 at 4:10pm
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2023 at 11:45pm
There are tons of windows 10 users using OE latest version with the patch and without this issue.  There must be something wrong in your environment
meta_mmxxii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meta_mmxxii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2023 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Hobby001 Hobby001 wrote:

There are tons of windows 10 users using OE latest version with the patch and without this issue.  There must be something wrong in your environment

I know this, but I am having an issue and was wondering if anyone could help, your reply is not helpful whatsoever. I guess I came to the wrong place for help.
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2023 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by meta_mmxxii meta_mmxxii wrote:

Originally posted by Hobby001 Hobby001 wrote:

I know this, but I am having an issue and was wondering if anyone could help, your reply is not helpful whatsoever. I guess I came to the wrong place for help.

Since a very few individuals mentionned issues using Windows 10 / OE 1.57  and none of them came back with a solution, there are two possibilities.  They fixed it and didn't care about publishing their experience or they stopped using it.

The big problem is that when an issue is caused by the user's environment nobody else than the user realy knows the contect.

If you could find someone near you that can run OE on a windows 10 machine, you may observe the differences between both environments and find the cause.  

I am trying to help using openelement but am unable to guess on you situation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

For info: (You may want to compare with others and yours)

I am using OE on an HP all in one workstation

i7-7700 CPU @ 3.6 GHz
8Gb RAM
64 bits Windows 10 version 22H2 19045.2846

Working with OE 1.57 latest patch installed without issues

Edited by Hobby001 - Apr 18 2023 at 2:32am
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2023 at 6:20pm
Since about 10 years I never had any trouble with OE.
And I'm using it really heavyly.
I never even thought aboout switching to Win-10/11.
I am running Win-7 only. Forever.
Why that? I am using the base functionality of the Win-System only.
And the basic file handler (the explorer), nothing else of M$, really nothing.
ALL applications are 'second source', none from M$, noway!
I can not even update the System, the Win-applications.
So far - so good.
And the system runs and runs and runs and runs and runs....

The only serios, really serious bug I trapped into (once only),
is when I removed/deleted a folder directly in OE.
That (still) screws up the project completely and the whole system, and the OE project could/can not be restored anymore. It was a complete q&d disaster.
The solution was/is simple:
Close the project. Manually remove the folder with the system explorer. Restart the project - and the folder is gone. And here wo go - the OE again runs perfectly. Without that folder.

I have the impression, that during start of OE, it rebuilds the project from the file structure of the disk.
It seems to rebuild the data CMS bank.
This group here does not have this source code, so nobody ist able to correct this bug. But one can live with that botttleneck.

My system is an (relatively old) Intel I3-2120-3.3 GHz/Win-7prof/64-SP1(US) - with two monitors.
Some 16 GB memory. Few SSDs. Nothing real extraordinary.
Handling one OE project (several projects) of about 25++  GB size.
It takes a while to load and to compile, and I'm wondering if and when it will burst. Ouch
https://blumendigi.com/index.gb.htm

May be this helps to resolve this issue?

Edited by digizar - Apr 22 2023 at 12:23pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic