BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Saving OE page into html

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CodeManDeluxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saving OE page into html
    Posted: Nov 17 2022 at 3:25pm
When I copy the source code of the webpage and past it in Notpad saving it as an .html file then view it in a browser I noticed that parts of the code is missing. Such as images and backgrounds for example. After going back into Open Element and going through the webpage source code, sure enough some parts of the code is missing or simply not shown. Even though the preview is shown correctly. I was wondering if it was at all possible to view the web pages source code in it's entirety. I'd like to be able to copy the finished code and past it in other places and projects. 
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2022 at 7:12pm
One question: Why saving the page as html?

Explain your method/objectives.  

Edited by Hobby001 - Nov 17 2022 at 7:14pm
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2022 at 7:17pm
P.S.  Next time open a new post instead of adding to an existing one

Thanks
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2022 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by CodeManDeluxe CodeManDeluxe wrote:

I'd like to be able to copy the finished code and past it in other places and projects. 

You must uderstand that an OE page refers to resources that will not be available without publishing from OE

If the plan is to copy-paste OE html code into any page other than OE's pages, it will not work

So explain the process you are planning to use.
CodeManDeluxe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CodeManDeluxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2022 at 1:01am
Sometimes I would like to see the full source code of my project and sometimes even work within the code directly. I didn't realize OE was proprietary. Now it all makes sense. 
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2022 at 12:21pm
OE manages a part of the information in it's own database and use it to build the pages.  Creating multi-lingual sites is eased by this process.

If you use a text editor to modify the page, it will be overwritten everytime you will save the page in OE.

Custom additions can be made by adding code using the visual code block element.

Finally, if you absolutely want to edit or copy/paste a part or an entire page here is the process:

Once your page is ready, 

Project Tab
Export to folder

Doing this will create a folder containing an operational site with all the dependancies.  Don't forget that any changes done to these pages will not be considerred by OpenElement.

Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2022 at 12:26pm
if not done yet, you may have a look at these videos:

https://denislafrance.net/index.en.php#formation

Also available in french on this site

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic