BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scroll bar lost after MailChimp form

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2021 at 12:38pm
Without access the mailchimp code, it's impossible to understand how they create the issue
WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2021 at 8:35pm
I know... but they just give you a code with a script reference number.....

"<script id="mcjs">!function(c,h,i,m,p){m=c.createElement(h),p=c.getElementsByTagName(h)[0],m.async=1,m.src=i,p.parentNode.insertBefore(m,p)}(document,"script","https://chimpstatic.com/mcjs-connected/js/users/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.js");</script>"

Edited by WattJet - Oct 02 2021 at 8:37pm
WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2021 at 3:07pm
Hi again,
I found a way to reproduce the error.
It definitively ocurrs when one closes the mailchimp suscribe window (regardless of having suscribed or not), regardless of filling in the Cookie notice or not

The problem to reproduce the error is that you only get once the mailchimp form. Whether mailchimp achieves this with a tracking pixel  or any other mean, the problem is that once you do it once, you need to clear all browsing data to have it appear again (cleaning session or cookies does not seem to be enough)

I have tried with Chrome, Edge, Firefox and the moment the MailChimp form is closed, the web loses the scroll bar and the ability to scroll down (even with mouse or keyboard). The only way is reloading again the site (and of course this second time there is no form, so no problem)
WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2021 at 10:30am
I was thinking that perhaps the issue is due to the location where I placed the script.

I have two external scripts in the site.
- Tarteaucitron: for the cookie consent manager
- Mailchimp:  for the form

The tarteucitron appears as a folder in the same "rank" as the Homepage
The Mailchimp was placed as a script in the head section of the Homepage

Can the issue be that I misplaced the Mailchimp script and that is why it interrumps the scroll?

Any guidance will be very welcome

Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2021 at 10:46am
Try to moving Tarteaucitron before Mailchimp

Edited by Hobby001 - Oct 16 2021 at 10:46am
WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2021 at 11:24am
In the code section, Tarteaucitron is already before Mailchimp:
The order is

- Base >CSS
- Base > CSS-BT-TOP
- preloader > CSS
- Base > Meta mobile
- Base > tarteaucitron
- Maillist-Chimpmail
- Base > JS-BT-TOP

Edited by WattJet - Oct 16 2021 at 11:28am
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2021 at 1:29pm
Tarteaucitron needs to end before mailchimp starts, you will neet to delay mailchimp untill Tarteaucitron ends.

Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2021 at 1:35pm
Maybe starting mailchimp in the use strict

Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2021 at 1:39pm
WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2021 at 2:04pm
Wow!
Thanks so much Hobby001
So.... should I add te code of the issue 118  at the end of the tarteaucitron code?
I basically don't know how to do it... as "holze" says in the Github comments, " it would be cool to have it added to the services"

Anothe additional point,  I installed the tarteaucitron in the Base Layer, and the MailChimp in the Homepage.
Should this be installed in the same layer?

Edited by WattJet - Oct 16 2021 at 2:12pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic