BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scroll bar lost after MailChimp form

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scroll bar lost after MailChimp form
    Posted: Sep 30 2021 at 4:57pm
Hi,
I made the site https://personaldatahackathon.com based on the Sensode Black template
I integrated the  tarteaucitron functionality for cookies.
..... and then I tried to integrate a MailChimp form for suscription and automatic management of mail list and marketing automation.

Everything seems to work fine except that the scroll bar and the scroll function are lost after the MailChimp form is closed (whether filling it up or just closing it). If the page is reloaded everything works fine (and the MailChimp form does not apper again), but reloading the page does not come naturaly and the user may perceive the site is blocked and go elsewhere.

Any idea on how to restore the scroll bar and function after the form is closed?

Any guidance will be very welcome
Al_H

Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2021 at 5:22pm
Just tested your site and added an email in the screen.  Did not loose scroll bar nor scroll functionnality.

Did you get any error message in the console?
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2021 at 5:25pm
Do not forget to clear the browswer's cashe prior to test again
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2021 at 6:05pm
Anyway ...

I do recommend NOT to use green letters on a dark blue background.
I'm 82 soon, and it is verry hard for me to recognize those green? letters.
So I recommend bright(er) background (perhaps chamois), and dark letters.

WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2021 at 6:18pm
Thanks for the feedback Digizar
WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2021 at 6:19pm
I am clearing the cache beforehand, and I also test it in the private browsing. The point is that I cannot reproduce the error everytime, even if I clear the cache before.

I'll check the console

Edited by WattJet - Sep 30 2021 at 6:20pm
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2021 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by digizar digizar wrote:

Anyway ...

I do recommend NOT to use green letters on a dark blue background.
I'm 82 soon, and it is verry hard for me to recognize those green? letters.
So I recommend bright(er) background (perhaps chamois), and dark letters.

You might also use CSS to add a border around letters

WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2021 at 8:31pm
Thanks for the suggestion Hobby001
I'll give it a go!
WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2021 at 9:10am
Hobby001,
The effect is great, but it makes it heavier to read.
I understand that the color scheme chosen may lead to some people having trouble to read it. I will add a printable B&W version.

If someone is really interested they will read it. If not, I'd rather keep the "flashy" color scheme chose to attract certain demographics.

In any case, thanks so much for the suggestion

WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2021 at 9:15am
Getting back to the scroll blockage I still have not been able to reproduce the issue. It may be linked to the actual process that MailChimp makes to add the contents of the form.

The "funny" thing is that when one clears the cache the tarteaucitron process kicks in properly since it does not find the cookie.....but the mailchimp form does not. I don't know if MailChimp collects the IP or something, but it is a weird behaviour.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic