BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ensuring existing website is mobile friendly
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ensuring existing website is mobile friendly

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: Jun 05 2018
Location: Canada, Québec
Status: Offline
Points: 5933
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2022 at 9:57am
I agree with you but he will have to create a new version of his site for that therefore I would create a new responsive one anyway.
Back to Top
troy View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: Sep 27 2016
Location: uk
Status: Offline
Points: 6
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2022 at 9:10pm
Hi, thanks to you both for your replies. I do understand the possibility of creating different versions of the site for different screens, but as you said yourself that would only serve as a temporary measure.
I have viewed the tutorial on adaptive website building created by Hobby001. It is I must admit too advanced for me to understand fully. I have followed the initial steps including adding the relevant SEO code to instruct the sizing dependant upon the viewing device. I set the default to 100% (full screen), and have created a mpre or less duplicate of my original websites homepage. When I preview it in default everything is fine, but if I click adaptive and tablet/ smart phone and preview that, much of the homepage from the right side is missing. Is this OK and will be sorted out when published, or have I got it all wrong? Is it supposed to view correctly? If i alter elements to make them fit on the tablet/ smartphone preview, they then don't display correctly in the default full width screen. As I have said initially I am like many on this forum a real novice and in need of constant guidance. I apologise in advance if I appear stupid, but I am uncertain of almost everything and don't want to remove a functioning website, if not adaptive , to replace it with something even worse.
Troy
Back to Top
webdesigner1 View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: Aug 13 2022
Status: Offline
Points: 18
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote webdesigner1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2022 at 2:37am
You may want to review the OE wiki. It is currently only on wayback- it is linked in another post. 

At some point, we will bring it back here to functionality on an active server. 
Back to Top
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: Jun 05 2018
Location: Canada, Québec
Status: Offline
Points: 5933
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2022 at 2:26am
I am away, might be able to answer wednesday
Back to Top
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: Jun 05 2018
Location: Canada, Québec
Status: Offline
Points: 5933
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2022 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by troy troy wrote:

Hi, thanks to you both for your replies. I do understand the possibility of creating different versions of the site for different screens, but as you said yourself that would only serve as a temporary measure.
I have viewed the tutorial on adaptive website building created by Hobby001. It is I must admit too advanced for me to understand fully. I have followed the initial steps including adding the relevant SEO code to instruct the sizing dependant upon the viewing device. I set the default to 100% (full screen), and have created a mpre or less duplicate of my original websites homepage.


What does mpre stands for?

Originally posted by troy troy wrote:


When I preview it in default everything is fine, but if I click adaptive and tablet/ smart phone and preview that, much of the homepage from the right side is missing. Is this OK and will be sorted out when published, or have I got it all wrong? Is it supposed to view correctly? 


Missing right side meand that all this content is not responsive.

Originally posted by troy troy wrote:

If i alter elements to make them fit on the tablet/ smartphone preview, they then don't display correctly in the default full width screen. As I have said initially I am like many on this forum a real novice and in need of constant guidance. I apologise in advance if I appear stupid, but I am uncertain of almost everything and don't want to remove a functioning website, if not adaptive , to replace it with something even worse.

May I suggest that you simply follow my video tutorial and make a new web site exactly as shown.  Doing this will make you learn how to create a responsive web site.  You will learn how things reacts when they are responsive.

Responsive means that:

  1. Page width will adapt to screen width, no mather the device used.

  2. Element will also react to different page width by

    1. changing width

      or

    2. hiding/displaying different content

      or

    3. be displayed a different way.

  3. Text size / content will adjust depending device.
If not done yet, take all required time to review each of these english video tutorial:  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWg7A6YtIr7WE2oJe9pX8_3u0FerqJwjo



Edited by Hobby001 - Sep 27 2022 at 8:50pm
Back to Top
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: Jun 05 2018
Location: Canada, Québec
Status: Offline
Points: 5933
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2022 at 8:48pm
The other option is to get someone to do it for you.  You might have to spend some money for it but you will get the resulting OpenElement files that you will be able to edit  after.

Consider the following fact:  Web browsing is now mainly done trough cell phones and tablets.  Internet browsing by PC is gradually decreasing.

If your site is not responsive, customers will look elsewhere for services.
Back to Top
digizar View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 30 2015
Location: Germany Frankfu
Status: Offline
Points: 707
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2022 at 2:38am
What does mpre stand for?

more LOL
___________________________________
Ask questions only if there is no answer yet.
https://digispics.com/_pers/resger2017.pdf
Back to Top
troy View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: Sep 27 2016
Location: uk
Status: Offline
Points: 6
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2022 at 6:48am
Sorry it was a typo. Mpre was meant to be more. In other words I had created a more or less copy of the original site. Nearly the same, but with tiny differences.
Troy
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.109 seconds.