BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Error Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cannot Open Template

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertpickettiii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cannot Open Template
    Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 3:15am
I have tried multiple times and in multiple ways to import a template. Openelement acts as though it is importing but always ends up showing just the blank template. Any solutions?
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 8:28pm
Could you please try dusabling you antivirus and/or firewall and retry?
Chris OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 4:05am
Can you describe the process you tried?

Normally, from the main openElement screen, you should be able to start a new project, select the template you want, click on 'start working with this template' and then you'll go back to the main screen where you have to click "create project" to initialize the project and work with the template you chose.

Are you encountering any specific errors?
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 9:44am
Hi,

What is your Windows version? Did you install openElement in the default installation folder (without modifying anything during installation)?

Good day
D
robertpickettiii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertpickettiii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 8:08pm
I have clicked new project and then the template, but all that shows up is blank template. I'm running the newest version of OpenElement on a Windows 7 machine. And I did install it to the default location.
jumiclads View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jumiclads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 9:06pm
I have checked and I got the same response. But with a little clicking I got it to come up by doing the same as robert above and then I had 2 tabs, Start and Home Page. Click on the Start tab and then the Home Page tab and the template appeared. Not sure why, but hope this helps. I also notice that now I have done it once the templates open every time I download a new one.

Edited by jumiclads - Mar 04 2014 at 9:09pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 8:18am
So in fact a template loads but the Editor does not show the page contents until changing tabs? Does Refresh (F5) helps?

Edited by Dmit OE - Mar 05 2014 at 8:24am
jumiclads View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jumiclads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 8:31am
That was correct for me. I cannot tell now if F5 helps because it loads 1st time now.
Mick
robertpickettiii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertpickettiii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 6:53pm
I can't even get a template to load! It always only shows a blank template! Even after selecting another!
Chris OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 7:15pm
When you say the template doesn't load, do you mean it doesn't load in the Create Project menu, or that you don't see the template when the project has been created?
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 8:28pm
Could you please try dusabling you antivirus and/or firewall and retry?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic