BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Error Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BaseLayer and pages made with it

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BaseLayer and pages made with it
    Posted: Feb 03 2015 at 12:53pm
I am again on that friend's site (Shou Bo). I made the BaseLayer with all necessary, and used it to make new pages. Very strange the way it acts. After I made the "new page from layer" and named the page as I need, it doesn't show all the elements I've included into the Base Layer so I don't have an exact view. I had to change handly all links to a font they asked for (Papyrus LET) including it in WEFiles/Fonts, 'cause looks the css doesn't save it with the path and the next time I open the page, it is not shown. Also I had to change manually all logos 'cause the program recorded the old one and doesn't change with the new. I tied many times to refresh the page and the BaseLayer, but I'm afraid I'll have to start again from BaseLayer and made new pages... is it possible correct it?
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2015 at 12:55pm
Hi,

It is very strange. Did you try Ctrl+F5 in the browser?
You still cannot publish online anywhere? It is the only efficient way to see where problems are.

Good day
D
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2015 at 12:56pm
P.S. You can also download the latest version, we've published several days ago. There are many fixes and improvements.
Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2015 at 6:09pm
Thanks for the info about the new version. I downloaded it and tried to install but the panel said it is the 1.45...error in download or wrong writing on the panel?
Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2015 at 6:19pm
I proceeded and after installed it shows the version 1.45R.

Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2015 at 10:14pm
Hmmm it's not even activated for English users..
Here is the direct link:

http://download.openelement.com/openElement.exe
Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2015 at 11:22am
Thanks Dmit. I downloaded and installed the latest version.
I have tried to refresh the entire site, but problem still there. So I had to remake all pages, using the BaseLayer as beginning.
One thing I don't understand: why certain pages are linked to the BaseLayer and others not? Those linked contains double code; I mean the page is doubled in the code, but shows only one, the last worked. So, if I delete part of the code I lose also part of graphic datas (both). And there, I have two datas: one coming from BaseLayer and one of the page I am preparing.

Avoiding that, I decided to remake them, but it would be interesting understand the why of that.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2015 at 12:25pm
Using "Copy layer to page" creates a copy of the layer and transforms it into a page (all content is there exactly as in the original layer, but this copy it not in the list of the layers and is not in the Templates folder.

If you then make this new page inherit the original layer, the content will be "doubled" as the content of the page adds to the content of the layer (which is visually identical being the origin of its "clone").

Why do you want to copy a layer to a page?
Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2015 at 2:27pm
Well, for me the Layer is as a simple style.css used to give same and first informations to a number of pages, so I can use it for the page and I can add elements in relation to that page. The layer is the base of all pages (logo, header, buttons etc), and only after I will add other elements for ending the page, but it should add only the primary code giving chance to the user for adding others.

If I tell to Oe "add new page" it gives me an empty one" and I have to prepare it again... well this is what happened to me time ago, and for that I used the BaseLayer repeated...
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2015 at 4:07pm
A layer is much more than "information". It is like layers in graphical editors - it provides a layer of content, which is a part of the whole content. Base layer provides elemens and certain styles that are "inherited" by other pages. If you inherit an empty page from a layer, you get all that the layer contains. And of course if you put a "main menu" to a layer and inherit all pages from this layer, and then you want to change a link or a text in the menu, you only need to do this in the layer - all the 250 pages inheriting it will get the update, so you don't need to go change each of them (imagine changing something like this each 5 minutes).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic