BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> User Tutorials
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

An error happen when trying to send mail

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: An error happen when trying to send mail
    Posted: Sep 15 2016 at 5:16am
Hi,

I already publish my website. But only for test (Since I publish it with a free hosting)
When I trying to send mail, I got this message "An error was encountered while sending email!
Please try again later or contact the server administrator.
{"State":"error04","ErrorDescription":"Attention, the element "SendMail" has not been configured in openElement.\r\nYou must configure it to enable email form submission."}
Error :undefined{"State":"error04","ErrorDescription":"Attention, the element "SendMail" has not been configured in openElement.\r\nYou must configure it to enable email form submission."}" 
I already try to configure the SMTP or changing it into sendmail. But not working.
Can you help me?
Thank you very much.
Aria View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2016 at 9:16am
Smile I already found the solution.....

Try to republish the contact page (Only contact page with differential)
when I try to send some random email, It successfully send. But I didn't get any email. Already checked the spam and trash folder. But I got nothing .....

Can you help me?

Thank you very much.

Edited by Aria - Sep 15 2016 at 9:19am
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2016 at 9:53am
Hi,

There are problems with some mailboxes. Try do experiment with alternative email address, ex. GMail (free and works relatively well) to see if you receive messages.
Aria View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2016 at 9:56am
Sorry, I didn't really understand.

Do you mean Gmail account?

Thank you very much.....
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2016 at 3:30pm
Yes, try a GMail account and specify its address (xxxx.@gmail.com) as recipient's email.
Aria View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2016 at 5:29am
Hi, Dmit.

Still no luck.....

I already try creating several Gmail acc, and already configure it.....

But my Spam and trash folder still empty.....

Can you help me?

Thank you very much.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2016 at 8:10am
Do you have any other hosting server to try (same website on different server)?

Does your hosting provider give SMTP settings (in this case you should try to configure them)?

Usually when there's an Ok message, it means that the server accepted to send the mail, but failed to do it. It may be the problem with the server, or maybe it does not support this feature at all in which case you shoudl either find another hosting provider or use another SMTP server for sending mails (GMail allowed this before, there's the instruction on this forum, but I'm not at all sure it still does).
Aria View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2016 at 8:32am
Thank you for your reply.

I already try to change it with Gmail SMTP. But still no luck.

Hm, if the problem exist with my hosting. Then I will try to change it.

So does it mean, even though my current hosting didn't provide any SMTP setting, I still can use SMTP setting from other hosting?

Thank you, Dmit. 
I already try it. And currently the SMTP setting working well at www.geislerkaraoke.com. 
But I'm using my own email acc for test in email form setting. Could it be also the problem? Should I use the acc from SMTP itself?

Thank you for your patience.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2016 at 9:21am
It depends on the SMTP server, how it filters message. Experiment with the Sender Email, try to use the one from SMTP - indeed sometimes emails disappear beause of it
Aria View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2016 at 9:27am
So that's the problem.

So, I need to change the recipient and sender regularly, until it's work.

I will try to ask my boss about this. You really help me here.

Thank you very much.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic